Terms and Conditions of Entry
- 1: General I accept this event is run under rules and conditions laid down by Freebird Events, and any relevant sporting governing bodies. I agree to acquaint myself with and abide by those rules and any organisers instructions. I understand that it is the competitors responsibility to navigate the course and that it is my own sole responsibility to safeguard such clothing and equipment as I may use. I understand and agree that I participate in this event at my own risk and that no liability whatsoever shall attach to Freebird Events Ltd, the race referees or any person involved in the event organisation, for any injury, accidents, fatality, illness, loss or damage suffered by me in, or by reason of the event, however such may be caused. I understand that it is my own sole responsibility to obey the Highway Code at all times during the course of the event.
- 2: Competitor Responsibility Statement Participating in a triathlon/duathlon/aquathlon requires fitness and skill. I confirm that I have done sufficient training to ensure that I am fit enough to cope with the demands of this event and that my technical skills are adequate for the diverse requirements of the competition. I accept that taking part in this event is by its nature hazardous and contains certain inherent risks including, but not limited to: • Drowning during the swim section • Suffering injury and damage arising out of a crash or collision during the cycle section • Suffering injury due to the actions of other competitors or spectators There are many other foreseeable risks to which I consent. I accept that I owe a significant duty of care to all other competitors, spectators and race officials. I will exercise all reasonable care to avoid causing death, injury or loss to any such persons and will indemnify the event organisers and British Triathlon from and against any liability found against them arising out of my negligent or reckless acts. I accept that in the event of my requiring medical attention during the event the medical personnel appointed by the event organiser take no responsibility for the treatment provided for any unreported existing condition which increases the risk of a medical emergency. I know of no physical or medical impediment that would render my participation in this event undesirable. I acknowledge that the event organiser has relied on this statement (in its entirety) in accepting my entry to the event and that if I was unable or unwilling to agree to all the matters set out above in this statement of responsibility the event organiser would not allow me to compete. All statements of fact are true.
- 3: Competitor Withdrawal If for any reason a competitor finds themselves unable to race and wish to withdraw from the event they must inform Freebird Events Ltd in writing prior to the event. Providing the withdrawal application is received by Freebird Events Ltd, no later than 14 days before the event in question a race credit note will be issued. The credit note is equivalent to 75% of the original race entry fee if 28 days or more notice is given. The credit note is equivalent to 60% of the original race entry fee if 21 to 27 days notice is given. The credit note is equivalent to 50% of the original race entry fee if 14 to 20 days notice is given. Credit notes will be issued by email, this may take up to 14 days after Freebird Events are in receipt of withdrawal notification. Withdrawal applications received less than 14 days prior to the event in question will not receive a credit note or refund. Please note there is no option to defer an entry to another event. Withdrawal applications should initially be e-mailed to email@example.com Please mark your application “Withdrawal” Please note that Race Credits are not transferable between applicants. Credit Notes issued are valid for 12 months from the date of withdrawal application.
- 4: Payment Plan In order for your entry to be complete all payments must be made in accordance with the chosen payment plan. Please note the deposit payment is non refundable. The additional monthly payments will come under the general competitor withdrawal conditions. Providing the conditions of withdrawal are met, a credit note can be issued for any additional paid payments (excluding the deposit payment). Failure to make all payments will result in you forfeiting your entry. Once the final payment has been made a place will be reserved for you in the event.
- 5: Communication I agree that details obtained from this form, may be collected and used to communicate with me by Freebird Events. I may, at any time, request to view amend or delete these details, by contacting Freebird Events directly.
Freebird Events will communicate with competitors by email or sms text messaging. This will be our main form of communication to send out important information relating to all events. You may unsubscribe to the mailing list at any time.
Please note, we do not pass on your details to anybody else.
- 6: Attempted Swapping of entries Please note that the swapping of entries between competitors is forbidden as it may invalidate insurance undertaken by Freebird Events Ltd, necessary, to cover the event. Any person found to have passed their entry to another person, and any person found to have taken up that entry may be refused entry into any future Freebird Events.
- 7: Right of refusal for entry Freebird Events Ltd maintain the right to refuse or revoke entry to any applicant, where they believe that accepting the entry could prejudice the event, the promoting organisation their sponsors, associates or staff. This right of refusal extends to include applications where acceptance is considered by the promoters to be likely to infringe upon the enjoyment of any persons connected with the event, including staff, marshals, volunteers & other competitors.
- 8: Event Cancellation If for reasons beyond the control of Freebird Events Ltd, due to unforeseen, naturally occurring events, including an ‘act of God’, the race / event, which applicants have entered has to be cancelled or postponed, Freebird Events Ltd will be unable to offer a refund.
- 9: Photography Freebird Events Ltd maintain the right to use images and photographs taken by their contracted photographers at any of their promoted events without informing event participants. These images may be used for promotional purposes as undertaken by Freebird Events Ltd or their sponsors
Freebird Events Ltd
49 Jute Road
Tel: 01904 339435
Company No 06409830
Registered in York